26 August 2008

I am an international financier, part the fifth


The last guy I lent to repaid his loan to Kiva, which means I get to re-allocate the resources. He was a shopkeeper and fairly close to home (relatively speaking) so for the next one I wanted to pick someone that would get more out of the money. Which brings us to the lovely-named Mrs. Liliane Sagbohan:

Mrs. Liliane Sagbohan was born on May 14, 1978 in Ekpè in Ouémé County in the southeast of Benin. She is married and the mother of 2 children: Corneille and Fabienne, aged 5 and 2 respectively. She furnishes various household items to her neighbors in the district who have confidence in her because her products are of good quality. She is requesting this loan to bolster her business which is currently growing rapidly.

Consider it done. She's got 90% of her loan so I think it's going to be funded (they wouldn't let me fund the whole thing). Sweet.

Had to check the map to find Benin. It's between Nigeria and Togo, on the Gulf of Guinea. Wherever that is. People say it's a small world. If you believe that you should try walking to Hawaii. Or Porto Novo (capital of Benin).

No comments: