12 August 2008

Lezak kicks frog ass


I love the olympics. A lot.

I have no use for the medal count, or the endless fellatio of the "redeem team", or all the long faces from the lesbians that are bummed about the end of softball as an olympic sport. That stuff is lame.

What I love is the drama of your entire athletic life, your purpose, distilled into events that last minutes, or even seconds. The pressure is unbelievable. Some people wilt; some thrive. Jason Lezak is the latter. I don't have video because the only thing the olympics hates more than human rights is copyright violations. But you can watch the end of it over on withleather.com.

And there's this from my friend the King of Blind Dates:

Jason Lezak was my teammate in high school for both water polo and swimming. He was one year younger than me. My senior year we received 1st team all-american honors in the 4x50 and 4x100 free relays- winning CIF in both events and recording the fastest high school time in the country in 1993 for the 4x50 free. I wonder why??? In both CIF final races… Jason performed similar heroics (as our relay anchor) to what he pulled off last night on the world stage. If you didn’t catch the race… watch it on u-tube or espn.com. It’s amazing- though I must admit, I’m not surprised… It’s so awesome to see someone’s years of hard work pay off.

No comments: