04 September 2008

outstanding work


I went to a wedding a couple months ago in Catalina. I drank so much over that weekend that I took the following two months off.

My friend's wife keeps sending me pictures of me sweating on the dancefloor, hugging it out with my peeps, etc. These little reminders drift in by ones and twos as they get forwarded to her and she sorts them out. She's really great about sending the photos even if you can barely see me. This latest is my favorite. The favoriteness is further enhanced by the fact that The Guy That Rules is slightly out of the frame, married, and definitely not married to the girl he's giving the business.
----------------------------------------

In other news, I got in a discussion with the OC's Most Eligible Bachelor yesterday. He was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple, so sometimes it's hard to explain things to him. I told him that having kids at a young age has a negative impact on a woman's lifetime earning potential. I said that women that have kids young are less likely to finish high school, less likely to finish college, and thus don't get the same job opportunities as girls that do finish college. Simple enough, right? You would think so. He said it was "laughable, left-wing opinion". (That is a direct quote, not taken out of context.) My bad. I had no idea teen pregnancy, education, and poverty were funny. I wish I were rich AND ignorant. I could find humor in anything!

No comments: