19 December 2005

xbox three-suxty, a pig is a dirty animal, and sport commentary

it looks like I won't have an xbox 360 to keep me company for the holidays. which means I'm going to have to try dating. this is a setback. although this dating thing might be worth a look. we'll see. if you find one at your local best buy go ahead and pick it up for me. I'll send you a check. I haven't checked ebay yet, but I don't really care how much they are there. I refuse to pay anything over the regularly listed retail price. $399 plus tax. that's it and that's all. which means that I'm not going to be getting one any time soon.

as a rule I don't eat pork. however, I need to throw my mom's delicious chile verde a shout-out. I had some for lunch today and it is fantastic. I am not going to start eating pork on a regular basis, but once every couple of years I'll indulge in some of this excellent entree. thanks, mom. big ups from your favorite (and only) son.

brief aside: the nurse (roommate) sounds like she is fixing to cough up a lung. I hope I don't catch whatever she brought home from the hospital. ouch.

and finally, TO is in the news again. I'm not wasting any more words on that clown, but I will spare a few for the tru warier himself, the great Ron Artest. Ron was the subject of an SI cover story before the season started, and it went on at length about how Larry Legend loves Ron Artest and "why you should, too". they claimed that the warier had mended his ways and loved the game and blah blah blah. so when Ron publicly demanded to be traded (thereby reducing his trade value and really pissing off LL and Pacers boss Donnie Walsh) it was a bit of a surprise. but not really. because you knew that he would go and do something stupid sooner or later. it's the Tru Warier's raisin detruh, so to speak. so now Ron has asked to return to the team.

The NBA is not the most team-oriented professional sport (that would be hockey), but there are only 12 guys on the roster, and if your best all-around player decides that he can't help you any more then your instinct is to tell him to go f himself. which is pretty much what O'Neal told him to do. big ups to O'Neal from FDV. so now the pacers might actually get something closer to fair market value for Artest. they will probably get a better deal than the Lakers did for Shaq. [i bring up the Shaq to Heat trade at every opportunity as an example of bad decision making. Dear Mitch Kupchak - please drive a harder bargain when you unload Kobe next year. thx. -FDV].

No idea what new locker room that Artest will poison. It probably won't be an elite team, and it won't be a western conference team, so I don't much care. Nor should you.

No comments: