08 December 2005

finally, a guest contributor - Comments about the Detroit Cubs. I mean Lions.

the following is straight from our favorite local Detroit Lions fan. If there's more than one, we don't know about it.
We'll call him King James. Since his name is Jimmy.
I'll post a rebuttal tomorrow. I have work to do today.
enjoy...

Hey Guys,
I was sitting here early this morning reading on the Detroit Lions website and heard some information that really excites me, or REALLY DOESN'T!!! I had the pleasure of reading the story about one of my Lions going to the Pro Bowl maybe. No, its not one of our first round wide receivers (Charles Rogers, Roy Williams or Mike Williams) that we have drafted the last three years or our first round quarterback a few years before that (Joey Harrington). Its not even our second round draft pick Kevin Jones our outstanding running back from Virginia Tech. No, not of the obvious guys, its our punter Neil Freaking Harris. They were talking about consistent he has been all year and has improved week by week into one of the leagues best punters. NO CRAP, when you punt it 50 times a game, you better be good or at least get better as the year goes on. He is on the field more than our offense is. I mean, for all the money we pay Joey Harrington or as like to call him "Worst Quarterback EVER!". He should be punting for us too, maybe then he could make a Pro Bowl. I mean I understand going through a rebuilding time, but 15 years is quite a rebuilding time and we have drafted one almost quarterback in that time. The only thing that makes this season have way kind of enjoyable, is that it is almost over and I have all summer to talk about how good the Lions are going to be next year.

I usually get one opportunity to watching these competitive Lions play once a year on that glorious holiday, Thanksgiving. But by the end of the day I don't even want to eat turkey anymore, instead I would rather spike my Grandma's egg nogg and get hammered so I don't remember what I watched earlier that day. Don't get me wrong, I love the Lions a lot, but they are like that abusive boyfriend, they tell me that care and they will try harder next time and every time they play they beat the crap out of me and have no reason to explain why they did it in the first place. This year is different for the Lions, they are going to be on TV again, yes I said again, and no I don't mean Super Bowl at there Stadium in Detroit. I mean at Lambeau Field in Wisconsin this Sunday night at 5:30pm (ESPN). I am so excited, I think the only reason they are televising the game is because it should be hopefully the last game for Brett Favvrrreee at home. That's another thing that I have enjoyed about this year, HOW MUCH THE PACKERS HAVE SUCKED TOO. This division is horrible, they compare the Chicago Bears to the Bears of the 80's. But people seem to forget that those Bears scored more then 3 points a game. THIS NORTH DIVISION SUCKS!!! Well, anyways, I wanted you to know where I am coming from and how hard it has been for me every Sunday to watch this crappy team keep on doing what they do every year around this time, not have a chance to make the playoffs. I know I should keep my head up and I know I have a lot of things to look forward to, like after the last game of the year looking at all the records and knowing that Lions had a better record then the Green Bay Packers, San Francisco 49ers and the Miami Dolphins. Love you guys.

No comments: