03 February 2015

A Classic

Friend of the Blog Jeff turned 40 today. He has shown up in these pages more than a few times. His lovely daughter celebrates her first birthday tomorrow (she's the baby that you see around these parts most often). In his honor I wanted to share a picture of a Lancia Stratos HF Stradale, famous for winning the World Rally Championships from 1974-76, because who doesn't love a Lancia Stratos? Alas, the photo I wanted to share was protected so I had to use this other one that was easier to pilfer. Fair use and all that.

The car pictured was winning races in 1990 and 1991. Those were formative years for Jeff so, enh, close enough.

I made Jeff and the Little Princess a cake for their birthdays. It was a disaster. Didn't let it cool enough before removing from the cake pan so it broke into 800 pieces. So many pieces. All the pieces. I was very disappointed so I ate my feelings about 1/4 of it. And then I ate another generous portion the following morning. Tasted delicious but looked a mess.

Called Jeff and offered to deliver the remains because I needed to get it out of the house. He agreed to terms and so I was able to share some tasty cake after all, on the condition that I will deliver a proper, not busted cake at some point in the next week or so. He doesn't care but I can't have people thinking I make/gift ugly desserts. That's just not the done thing.

See you out there.

No comments: