22 July 2008

You are expected to have suitable gear. If you can see the top of your amplifier, don't bother answering this ad.


Sold the cellphone phone on craigslist last week.
How much did I hate the new and improved super fancy verizon phone with the touchscreen? It's hard to put an exact dollar figure on it, but considering I had to pay full price ($350) for a new phone and sold the old one for $150, I can tell you with certainty that it was at least $200 of lame.

Upside: The new phone kicks ass. The old phone was a worthless piece of shit as a handheld computer and/or a device for talking to people. New phone doesn't try to be something it isn't.

While I was on Craigslist I wandered over to 'best of', which can be a good place to find a laugh or two if you're not busy. My favorite was the guy that posted an ad looking for people to be in his band. I hope he was for real and starts a band, because it sounds like it will be awesome. (honk!)

An excerpt:

As you can see from my picture [ed: Picture was not included in post, had to use different clist photo, see below], I wear chain mail to protect my body from the rigors of extreme playing. When you step up on stage with a true performer like myself, it's like stepping into battle, only instead of swords and arrows, we fight with 32nd notes and pinch harmonics. So in a way, the chain mail is largely symbolic, but my legions of fans have come to appreciate and expect it. You may don similar armor, but only if it fits the theme (no hockey masks or umpire's vests).

Special dirt bonus from somebody that wanted the dirt moved out of their driveway.

No comments: