15 May 2013

GIVE ME ALL THE TOYZ

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY
A lot to love about this. Is it excitement? Is it fear? Sensory overload? Some combination of the above?

It's not often you see dreams come true.

Reese the Best Dog Ever was famous for, among other things, opening gifts and packages. You never saw someone without opposable thumbs open anything so adroitly. She would attack and shred cardboard, packing material, tissue paper, ribbon, plastic, whatever. Any box she could reach was fair game because there was usually a prize inside. The mess was considerable but the payoff was worth it.

One time she got impatient while waiting for me to open a birthday present and she pawed at it in frustration, gave me a fat lip. My bad. I let her open it while my lip swelled. Didn't make that mistake again. Lesson learned.


No comments: