05 March 2012

This and that

Had this photo in the pile for ages. Cribbed it from the New York Times because I love the muppets. Was saving it to use the individual frames and re-caption them but since it hasn't happened yet I don't know that it ever will. Busy working on that other thing. Anyway, the text is meh but I love the pictures of the muppets so I'm posting it now.

The big news around here is that after over a decade of working from a remote office I have to move to the corporate office. With a dress code. No jeans. I own exactly one pair of khakis and two pairs of dress shoes and I'm not going to wear a suit or slacks to sit in a box all day.  The dress shoes are too nice to wear to the office so it'll be some combination of loafers and, umm, something else until I get another pair of casual shoes. I don't even know. There wasn't a dress code at any point of my job until now, and that was one of the reasons I took the job in the first place. Times change so it looks like I'll be trading in my cushy office with shorts for a 7' x 7' box and uncomfortable shoes. Because we need to look 'professional'. My exemplary work performance over the past many years hasn't been impacted by my dress, but that's not the point. It's all about appearances. It's one of those things that's so bullshit you can't really get bothered by it. Work is like that sometimes. Whatever. I still have a job and I enjoyed my shorts-wearing days while they lasted.

See you out there. 

No comments: