14 March 2012

Sweet ride

Since we (re)joined soul-crushingly miserable corporate America this week I haven't had as much energy to devote to the blogspace. Mostly because sitting in a 6' x 8' beige cube is depressing and once I get done with the gym I can't even imagine looking at a computer screen. The upside is I have a job. And I can go to the gym. It's the little things.

My friend Lindsay has a job and she is training for an Ironman-distance triathlon. She had been looking all over for some sweet wheels and she sent me a picture of this bike a couple months ago when she bought it. I've been wanting to post it ever since. She's short so it was hard for her to find a frame that fit. This one does. The only drawback (if it's a drawback) is that it's insanely expensive and fancy pro-level shit. It's a Felt SRAM something or other with SRAM Red Action lever jobbies and some wheels and blah blah blah. It says FELT on the side. Whatever that means. She did tell me what it all meant but like I said, it was a while ago. 

Back in the day I used to stay at Lindsay and her husband's house and she would get up at 5 AM to run miles and miles before work. Sometimes she would talk me into going. I usually slept on the guest mattress on the floor so her strategy for waking me up was to run around and kick the mattress saying, "Come on Houston! We got a war to fight! Get up! Are you going to sleep in? [Ed: it's 5 AM, mind you] COME ON!!" Over and over again. She's not very tall but she is mean. It was annoying and irritating then but it's annoying, irritating and funny now.

Anyway, word is that the new bike is beyond awesome now that it's been properly fitted and set up for her. She's already doing faster splits and feeling very comfortable. Look out, lake placid triathlon. She's on a mission.

No comments: