21 February 2012

REO Speedwagon = rad2themax

One good thing about the 80s being well behind us is that we can review them in the knowledge that some of it was complete bullshit (pegged pants, neon, Ronald Reagan, any of my haircuts) but keep the awesome parts. Like REO Speedwagon.

This song came on the radio this morning (I hate the radio but I'm traveling and it was a short drive from the hotel) and I stayed in the car to rock it all the way through. You know you would too.

I can't decide if this cheesedick 80s video makes the song better or worse. Probably worse. Who cares? If I were you I'd just shrink the page and continue browsing, maybe turn it up a little.

I DON'T WANNA SLEEP, I JUST WANNA KEEP ON LOVING YOUUUUuuuuuuUUUU
//GUITAR!!!!11!ONE!!11!!//




Ps. As of this writing the most thumbed up comment on the youtube embedded above is either three wolf moon satire or heartbreakingly genuine and sad. Both? I can't tell. It's awesome though. Check it:

For Brenda Rasnake- Lebanon Virginia, I still remember the summer of 1981 and you sitting right by my side in my old 68 Plymouth and you singing this song when it came on the radio. That was the summer of our senior year in high school and the best of my life. I do miss and love you so very much. What a beautiful voice you had. Jerry 

No comments: