09 February 2012

Congratulations, Republicans!

So far the three leading Republican candidates for president:
  • Got scolded and subsequently kicked out of congress for lying about fundraising. Hi Newt! Did you morons forget what an awful hatemonger Gingrich is? Were the mid-90's all that long ago? Did you watch any of his 'history' videos? Probably my right-wing 85 year old aunt did. She thinks every email she gets is true.
  • Think it's perfectly fine to pay 15% in taxes on $20 million in earnings. Yes it's legal, but is it right? Well, since I make less than $100,000 a year and I pay 35%, I think it's fucking bullshit. But I guess it depends on your bank balance. You might argue that 15% of $20 million is a lot more than 35% of $100,000. Which is correct, but who do you think needs that money more?
  • Equate homosexuality with bestiality, and think that gay people are a sin in violation of God's will. You have to go a pretty long way to be the biggest idiot in a group that includes Romney and Gingrich, but Santorum is the runaway favorite in that regard. So that's something. I guess.
I learned never to underestimate the stupidity of a voting public that elected George W. Bush twice, but this is a new low, America.

American Exceptionalism FTMFW!!!!!!

Coming soon: Where and how Obama has let you down. (Caving on the Bush tax cuts, for starters.) Don't have time for all that right now. But I will.


No comments: