25 November 2010

Give thanks: post number 974

Baby Girl can see the future: it looks good (there will be snacks)
Thanksgiving in the US of A today. It's a time when people get together and, depending on your family, enjoy themselves or argue. I enjoy thanksgiving very much, even though my own nuclear family went nuclear a long time ago. I have many close friends so I get to review several different thanksgiving options and pick the one that I think best suits my needs in re: dinner, dessert, accessibility, pre- and post-dinner plans, and company. I could visit my own parents but they're about 1000 miles away and it's too far for a holiday weekend. Thus they get low ratings for accessibility, pre- and post-dinner plans, and if they're mean to one another (which is often), company. To be fair, the dinner and dessert are always first rate.

October was an interesting month. It gave me a head start on what to be thankful for, and helped me figure some things out, such as: if you drop a piece of buttered toast, what side it lands on is less important than your attitude when you pick it up. In other words: good things and bad things will happen, but you own how you feel about those things. Cliche, I know, but here's the kicker: things that made me sad actually ended up making me happier. How can this be? They made me realize how good I have it, and how important it is to appreciate that goodness on a daily basis. Fuck yeah.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I hope this post finds you well, whenever and wherever it finds you.

hugs,
-case-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like toast. happy thanksgivng