05 December 2007

those are MAGIC stairs


In the movie Enchanted, the main character from Andalasia (the princess-to-be Giselle, not the other one) takes a shower and says, "this room is magic!" because she doesn't know how the water gets in there.

When the stairs in my house turned into some kind of weird wellspring last night, I felt like shouting "these stairs are magic!" because I had no idea where the water was coming from. Also it's generally not very super when there's water coming out of the floor. A ha. I'm still not sure where the water was coming from. A pipe, presumably. I'm hoping the plumber will tell me today when he comes by.

After I shut off the water main to the house and got off the phone with the insurance company I went back to playing halo3. Couldn't do much else.

The roommates love not having water in the house. It's like camping: no toilets, no showers, bottled water only. Good times.

photo courtesy a website called "FEMA for Kids". it's just as awesome as it sounds; your tax dollars hard at work.

ps. Enchanted is a good date movie. It's not going to replace The Princess Bride as the greatest date movie ever, but it's still pretty good.

No comments: