11 June 2007

Just a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit...


The last episode of the Sopranos aired tonight. The series had lost much of it's intensity, especially in the beginning of this last half-season, when HBO decided to extend it by six episodes and didn't have enough plot to stretch. The show finished with a bang, though, and the last episode was one of those shows they'll be reviewing in film classes for years to come. Brilliant, compelling television.

I was especially fond of the music used to close the series: Tony listening to Don't Stop Believing by Journey. (Full disclosure: that makes the third time in three nights I heard the song, since they played it in the bars when I was out on Friday and Saturday, which says a lot about my taste in bars, but there you go).

I'm proud to say that I have a copy of the power-ballad classic on CD, and I defy you to resist it's awesome strenf. The song was Track 1 on a mix-tape a friend made me a couple years ago, before she moved back home. To north jersey. A funny coincidence. Nothing says north Jersey like a power-ballad, I guess.

thanks for reading.

ps. when are skin-tight jeans up to your armpits going to come back? that look is hot! you don't believe me, watch the video in the Journey link above. or go here.

No comments: