02 March 2007

i meant to do this on my vacation but didn't get around to it.


when i made a short trip to England and France a couple years ago I tried to convince my traveling buddy that we should annex Lichtentstein. I thouht we could do it in a long weekend. That's a picture of the country (really, the whole country) in the photo. It's tough to find countries worth annexing these days. Either they're too big and won't fit in one long-focal, wide-angle shot, or they probably aren't worth the effort. But Lictenstein has a lot to offer. Apparently the famously neutral swiss agreed, because when some soldiers were out on manoevres they accidentally invaded Lichtenstein. Don't these guys have the swiss army knife with the compass in it?

[Brief editorial aside: went to find a link to a knife w/ a compass but I got lost on the victorinox swiss army knife page. I clicked "Cutlery" but that took me to kitchen knives. At a loss, I clicked "multi-tools" and there was a page full of the knives that made them famous. So it's not a knife any more. It's a multi-tool. Because when I see a knife, I automatically think "multi-tool". This was so lame I remembered that it's not victorinox that equips the swiss army with their knives. It is wenger. You can look it up. Thankfully Wenger has their knives listed under knives. End of aside.]

Thanks for reading.

No comments: