12 April 2006

so much good stuff; plus, weirdos!

some weeks I don't have a lot of stuff to write about in the 'blog, and by "blog" I mean "monument to self". this was not one of those weeks. I've just been busy moving offices, doing dr stuff, traveling, and (perish the thought) getting work done. rad.

first, a quick update on the 40 year old from 7 weeks ago: she's done with her surgery and feeling good about herself. I know this because she told me. we exchanged numbers all those weeks ago and now we're casual friends. it's easy to be friends w/ women that you don't have a sexual interest in. I'll let you know how she looks when we go to lunch in the next couple weeks or so (after the swelling goes down a little more). she's happy, so that's good. she spent $20g on surgery, so she should be happy. she should be effing ecstatic.

in other news, my white jetta driving friend Jen has a stalker. (who doesn't know a girl named Jen? and a girl that drives a jetta? whatever - Jen is cool.) this weirdo has managed to strike just the right note of desperation and creepy obesssion. I was going to add my own comments but I realized the awfulness would shine through all on its own. I really, really liked #2. I think it's my new shorthand for "complete douchebag".
anyway, here's her email:
-----------------------------
hmm....what else is new in my world...well, I have a
stalker. That's right. A stalker. I'll include his
latest note he left on my car at work:

#6 is the creepiest given this is my (or should i say
was my) exact routine every day.

"Top 10 Reasons why you should email me and/or say
hello at lunch some time"

10. Because I'm not a serial killer or an
axe-murderer.

9. I'm actually reasonably polite, often nice, usually
sarcastic, sometimes intelligent, occasionally
interesting, very well traveled & i don't smell bad.

8. Maybe we're long lost Siamese twins separated by
birth.

7. Because I dont' really care if you have a
boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, 14 children or 20
adopted kittens - i'm just curious who you are.

6. So I can stop obsessing about being at Whole Foods
every day between 11:45 & 12:15.

5. Because i know some funny stories and a couple good
jokes.

4. Maybe you don't speak english - no problem. I can
butcher my way through spanish, french, italian,
german, and i can embarrass myself thoroughly in
portugese, danish and i used to be able to count to
10,000 in bahasa, count to 5 in quechua and i can
still count to 3 in mandarin.

3. Because i used to own a VW.

2. To gulp from life, not sip.

1. So I can stop thinking of you as "White Jetta Whole
Foods Salad Bar Girl."

Yeah. His earlier note basically professed his undying
obsession & devotion to "living for those few moments"
he sees me everday. great.

this is actually my life. i have a stalker. awesome.
--------------------------
oh snap!
thanks for reading.

No comments: