20 April 2006

i've been away, but I still love you

greetings from post-op.
i haven't posted for a while b/c I've been recovering from Monday's back surgery. doc says it went well, no surprises, and i'm now on the road to recovery.

the road to recovery is paved with oversized vicodin pills. sweet. sort of. they give me hiccups, which is annoying. and I'd really rather take vickies when I don't have pain to suppress. it's not as good when you can't get around very well. in any case, I haven't had much to write about, until my buddy Sam told me I should just post whatever pops into my head when I'm strung out on opiates. good idea, Sam. so here we go:
  1. best not to make any sudden moves when you've got 12 staples in your back. this seems self explanatory, but when I was taking my old-man stroll this morning and somebody's dog rushed me I forgot and flinched. oops.
  2. hiccups suck. a lot.
  3. I heart naps.
  4. I want to gulp from life, not sip.
  5. look for the lakers to give the suns a run for their money in the playoffs. maybe.
----------------------
got some interesting feedback on the weird note that my friend Jetta Driving Jen sent me. Jen lives in Austin, and I haven't seen her in a while, but I'll bet she still looks pretty good. for the record, she was ridiculously good looking in college.
anyway, here's more from her stalker, which she was nice enough to type out and forward:

"Those four or five moments a week that I see you have
become one of the highlights of my day. I can't resist
watching you - something about your purposeful stride,
the look in your eye, the sidelong glance you seem to
throw me as you pass - I love these moments, and I
look forwrad to them each day. To me, they are
magical. Its as if - almost as if - everything around
you dissolves into slow motion. The sounds of birds or
nearby conversation cease while you walk from your car
inside to buy your lunch.

A part of me wants all this to stay just as it is - to
live those short, intense moments that last only for a
few heartbeats, and then fade for 24 hours.

But another part of me is filled with curiosity. I try
to imagine your name, the sound of your voice, what
interests you, what makes you laugh, what music you
play over and over. But to discover those things, I
have to risk ending those precious moments of quiet
anonymity when we are in the same place at the same
time.

So I have been trying the last few years to live a new
philosophy - Gulp from Life - Don't Sip. Maybe sharing these
thoughts with you is a small gulp, but it's not a sip.
-Your lunch time admirer."

goodness gracious sakes alive.
latest word is that the cops said he was a weirdo for sure, but she hasn't heard anything. she's still a lot paranoid, but she's working through it. crazy.
thanks for reading. I'll post more as I start to feel a little better.
call me if you're bored. I'm not up to much. xoxo -c-

No comments: