23 November 2005

we're back and better than ever! (kind of), plus bad puns and is dick vitale still employed?

dear reader, it's been too long.
I was struck with a general malaise over the weekend, but now that I've fought it off I am confident that I can re-direct my vitriol outward (instead of inward). thankfully, the basketball season is upon us, the NFL is in full swing (like king kong's balls on a hot day), and the Dick continues to contribute his weekly vomitous via espn.com and that crazy thing I like to call the teevee. that wasn't a complete sentence but we're feeling good here at Doosh central so let's get down to brass tacks.

first, the Videogame Franchise Maui Invitational. I remember when this was just the plain old Maui Invitational, and I don't mind the sponsorships all that much, EXCEPT when they inject the sponsor's product directly into the analysis. really, they do this. example: the EA ncaa hoops videogame is used to run example offensive sets for the major teams. if I wanted to watch a videogame I'd drop it into my xbox (no 360 yet, but soon, we hope) and start dorking out right then and there. I don't think that having Jay Bilas do analysis of a videogame play is really worth my while. but EA is paying the big bucks so ESPN gets on their knees and does a Michael Irvin (see previous entries re: T.O. and Irvin's interview techniques for an explanation of what I mean by "does a Michael Irvin").

In protest, I am not going to buy any more EA sports games*. * = Madden excepted (it's great to stand on principle and everything, but no madden? unconscionable). not buying the EA games* will have absolutely no impact on their current marketing, but it will save me some cash.*

ahh, the NFL. I support the San Francisco 49ers. I will not write about the NFL until a) I am confident the niners could give the Trojans a run for their money or b) the playoffs start, or c) Brett Fave-ruh hangs it up. Nice play as time expired over the weekend, Brett. Way to "make something happen" for your team. and by "make something happen" I mean "lose".

this entry is getting a bit long. we're going to publish, then analyze some of The Dick's genius.

No comments: