09 January 2013

I AM AN INTERNATIONAL FINANCIER (part n+1)

Stanley
UPDATE: Both these loans are fully funded.
 --------
Kiva sent me a notice that all my loans were repaid. I had funded some modest enterprises last year and everybody paid me back. So that's good news.

What's on tap for this year? Well, Stanley needs some money for a venture he's working on:

Stanley is 20 years old and owns a motorbike. He has been in business for two years. He also practices farming where he grows tomatoes for sale. He is very hard-working and responsible. His business is very busy. Faulu Kenya has helped him save his money for the future.

He hopes to be an established businessman and to buy another motorbike. [Ed. Who doesn't want another motorbike?] He requires a loan of 74,013 KES to buy spare parts for his motorbike and to buy a cow.

----

Stanley appears to be running a part-time taxi service and also uses the bike to get around. I loaned him $100. His loan is now 75% funded so hopefully it will make it the rest of the way and he can buy a cow.

Speaking of cows, I had some money left over after that loan so I opted to also partially fund a loan for Boaz from Kenya

Boaz, 61 years old, is married to Catherine and they have been blessed with four children, aged 22, 20, 17 and 4 years. Boaz has been a dairy farmer for 28 years and his current monthly income is KES 9,000.
Boaz is borrowing a loan of KES 60,000 to purchase more dairy cows. He plans to reinvest the profit in the business. This is Boaz' second loan and he successfully repaid his previous one. His hopes and dreams are to continue with his dairy farming and to educate his children. 

-----

I love dairy products so that was an easy one.
Hopefully it works out.

No comments: