27 November 2012

Cyber Tuesday

Did you buy a bunch of stuff the day after thanksgiving? Please say yes. Somebody has to keep this economy afloat.

Heard a Bon Iver cover of Come Talk to Me and it was only so-so. The original is miles better so here is a famous live version. The video has a strong early-90's feel which kind of takes away from the overall goodness of the track (for me). Open a new tab and browse while it plays. Or scroll.

In my quick research I found out that Gabriel wrote this song because he had a falling out with his daughter and she wouldn't speak to him. Not sure if it's true but supposedly it is. Incidentally, this isn't even my favorite Peter Gabriel song. That would be Solsbury Hill, which long-time and extremely bored readers will remember from a weirdly depressing post I did in 2007. Not sure what was giving me the sads in 2007 but the song is still great.

No comments: