02 October 2012

Sold

Sold the motorcycles. Yes, both of them. Managed to divest myself of the depreciating assets without crashing, which was down mostly to luck in the early going. Later on it was luck with some actual rider skill. But also luck.

Been getting questions from my peeps about why I sold the bikes.  Easy: the rewards of riding no longer outweighed the risks. Track riding got to be too much hassle and expense. Street riding is too hazardous, and riding a superbike on the street is fun for about the first 10 minutes and then it's just a pain in the ass. And hips. And knees. And back. (You get the idea.) On the track the ergonomics make sense. On the street, not so much. If I get another bike someday I will get one that is more street-friendly and comfortable. There's a lot to be said for an upright riding position, so a Vespa or similar may be an option down the road.

Sometimes I miss motorcycles riding. There is nothing like pinning the throttle on a motorcycle and going as fast as you can.

On the other hand, I don't find that I miss motorcycle ownership.

1 comment:

bsgarcia said...

kinda bummed cuz I was living vicariously through you to take risks I am not willing to assume in my own life. alternatively, I think probably a wise decision.