03 October 2012

The Ron Swanson Pyramid of Greatness

You know you want it
Been watching a lot of Parks and Recreation with the girl. I think we just finished the first season. I'm not strictly sure. It's basically The Office in a different office. (Full disclosure: I don't watch The Office - I just heard the shows described that way and it sounds right to me.) Parks and Rec is pretty good. I'd say good to great in spots, although occasionally it lands a bit flat so it's not consistently great.

What you need to know is: Ron Swanson ruleth.

Typing of tv, you might also like this article about Cheers, which was one of the best TV shows ever. One (depressing*) sentence from the article:

By 1993, at the end of its eleven-season run, it was earning a now unheard-of 26 million viewers per week.
The top network sitcom today, The Big Bang Theory, averages 18 million; cable sitcoms get by on a few million.

* How is Big Bang Theory the most watched network television program? It's like the McDonald's of television: bland, boring and stupid beyond description. Oh. I just answered my own question.

No comments: