06 June 2012

What a lovely portrait

I call this 'Fig Surprise'*
The Girl's place has a fig tree in the backyard. Since other stuff about the place is sucky it's nice that there are some good things to balance it out. I've been waiting for the figs to ripen since about 20 minutes after she moved in and they have begun to turn the corner only recently. This is one of the first figs so far this year. I was so excited to pick it that I had to send her a picture.

Reese the Dog was also very excited and celebrated the event in her own inimitable way. Synergy. If Youtube exists for cat videos then there's no doubt that cellphone cameras were invented so you could take a crappy picture (see what I did there?) of a dog dropping a steamer. And also so you could snap pics of drunk people being stupid. So glad they didn't have those things when I was in college. So glad.

True story: When the girl is on one of her trips to foreign lands I watch the dog. She calls and wants to know how the dog is doing. Since the dogs steamers are a reliable way to judge her day to day health I would report on them, as is my duty and obligation. As it turns out she was more interested in the dogs everyday activities, not her bowel movements. Who knew? So now when she goes out of town I give her the information she prefers. And also I follow up with a steamer report, because it kind of annoys her a little bit when I do that. (Annoys The Girl, not the dog). I'm like that.


*Careful observers will also notice some tomatoes growing in a raised bed. We planted those but no fruit yet. Can't imagine what Reese will do to celebrate the first tomato but I'm betting it'll be photo-worthy. So you have that to look forward to.

1 comment:

Andy said...

i like nice post cool