11 April 2012

Bring the noise

Big Cheese invited me to join spotify so he could crib some of my music recommendations. I reminded him that as a previous recipient of my entire vinyl collection (which I gave to him after I - regrettably - sold my turntables), he should know better.

My taste in jams stretches from 'weepy and sad' to 'pump up anthems' to 'T.I.' to 'white guy jams*'. Seriously. I'd call my musical taste unsophisticated but that would be giving it too much credit. Sure I have a strong catalog of pump-up jams but if you're not into that then I don't have much to offer you.

In pump-up anthems, check this out:




I know it's old but it's still a good pump-up jam. Bassnectar is the boss. 

*The thing about white guy jams is that the bands tend to fade out after a couple years, only to be replaced by new bands that sound exactly the same. Thus DMB begat OAR begat OneRepublic. Still, the derivative bands have some listenable tracks. Well, OneRepublic does if you don't overdo it. OAR is rubbish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your taste in music is exceptional for many reason other than it mirrors mine

b