09 January 2012

Let's do this: Fontana track day on 6 Jan 2012

Looking through the turn. Or something.
Track day went well. No crashes in my (slow) session, so I got to turn a lot of laps compared to the medium session. Best time was 1:58, which is old news to you if you are one of the people to whom I already emailed pictures.

I was disappointed not to go more quickly but my times were good enough to move up to the middle group. The cutoff is 2 minutes but I'm confident that riding with faster guys will help me go faster (that's generally how it works - they tow you around the track). We'll see. The bike ran very well. The new paint job looked great and there were no mechanical issues. The big difference from last time was the brake pads - they were upgraded since last time. I can't say that I noticed a difference from my last outing but it's been six months since I rode the bike so it's really hard to say.

The photo above (at right?) is my favorite, mostly because the bike is in the way and I can't see all the ways my body position needs to be corrected. And I'm not covering the brake (right hand), which is a street-riding habit that has no place on the track. Next track day is likely next month. Get excited.

Of course I buy all the pictures available; view at your leisure.

1 comment:

windshield repair said...

Im so excited! Bring it on!