06 October 2010

It's times like these you start asking yourself the important questions...

Important questions like: what the fuck am I going to be for Halloween?

I loathe dress up but the alternative (sitting at home doing nothing) isn't really workable, esp. when my friends are throwing a big Halloween party again this year and all I have to do is show up. Last year they got 300 people to go. Plus there will be plenty of trashy girls dressed in slutty outfits (or is it slutty girls in trashy outfits? either way, really). So we're costume shopping.

Because I'm crap at costume ideas and even more crap at putting them together I'm going to buy one off the internet. It's fine to show up as a sunflower (Pete in 2008) or kissing booth (Jeff, 2007) or 'dynamite in the sack' (Jeff, 2006) or Dennis Rodman (Pete, 2009) or a cockblock (Mike in 2006 - he wore a box with pictures of roosters taped to it) but only if you're really committed to the project. I'm committed to getting out of the house, not the dress up aspect. Narrowed it down to a few choices: 
I'm leaning towards the Liederhosen outfit because it would be reasonably comfortable and appropriately silly. Even though someone else will almost certainly be wearing it. Mix and match, get a Lieder-disco thing happening?
We're soliciting feedback, so if you've got some, let me know. I'll transact by the end of the week, I think. To make sure it's here in time, fits, etc.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My vote is the Star Trek engineer.
Others have been done all too often...and mostly by the douchier of bags...
Or karate kid, you've got the uniform for that basically...

Anonymous said...

my favorite, although perhaps inappropriate, was the guy in a wetsuit, with goggles and snorkel atop his head with tape across his chest which said "muff diver" not sure how the ladies would react but show up late after some inebriation and your good.