25 June 2009

What were you thinking?




I'm on bereavement leave at work because my great-uncle died on Sunday. He had been sick for a while and it wasn't a surprise but it still bums me out. We were very close growing up; he was as close to a father as anyone I had in my life. So I took a couple days off to restore my focus and attend the funeral service. All I want to do is ride my bike, go to the gym, play some guitar, and remember my uncle.

Yesterday was great riding weather so I took a ride down to PCH. On my way back I got rear-ended at a stoplight. I was stopped, and when I started to drive away the girl crashed into me. I'm fine. The girl hit me hard but I didn't drop the bike. The rear end of my bike is broken, though. Not cool. When I asked her what happened she said, "I looked up and you pulled away, and then I looked down."

They cover a lot in the rider training program but they don't explain what to do when someone isn't looking and runs into you at a stoplight. I wasn't even mad. I was just really bummed about my bike. I guess you could get upset about someone being a moron but then you would just be angry all the time and I don't have the energy.

I included some before & after pics. I already had a custom fender eliminator and exhaust. Aaaaaand that's exactly what she crashed into (along with the tire).

sucks.

No comments: