08 June 2009

Has it been that long?


Damn. What day is it? I was going to get in touch with you last week but I was busy and also didn't have anything good to share. Mostly that second part. It's not like this takes hours and hours of my life. And I'm not really THAT busy.

Lots to share but I'll break it into multiple posts, build some tension. First, this wonderfully accurate horoscope that someone (my friend's mom?) accidentally forwarded to me. It's only funny if you a) know me, b) know that I'm a pisces, and c) know that the beginning of the forward goes on and on about how 'accurate' and 'true' it is. So here's how it describes me:

PISCES - The Dreamer (Feb 19 - Mar 20)
Generous, kind, and thoughtful. Very creative and imaginative. May become secretive and vague. Sensitive. Don't like details. Dreamy and unrealistic. Sympathetic and loving. Kind. Unselfish. Good kisser. Beautiful.

Let's take it piece by piece:
Generous / kind / thoughtful - True-ish. Barely.
Creative / imaginative - complete rubbish
Secretive / vague - more rubbish
Don't like details - Anyone that knows me just laughed out loud. I'm annoyingly detail-oriented.
Dreamy and unrealistic - epic fail. Is this the opposite-scope?
Sympathetic and loving - Fail again.
Unselfish - No.
Good kisser - Yeah sure if you say so.
Beautiful - No again. How is this related to the day I was born? I've met people with my birthday that were definitely not "beautiful". My sister, for example. Idiots.

Why anyone pays attention to 'astrology' is a mystery to me. I thought we could let go of this right around the time we figured out the earth rotated around the sun?

re: the photo. That's my new motorcycle helmet - I bought it this weekend. It is sweet. I needed it because I bought a motorcycle this weekend. It is also sweet.

No comments: