05 November 2008

If I had to choose one or the other

Looks like Prop 8 is going to pass with a 52/48 margin in CA. That strikes me as odd considering the state went for Obama almost 2 to 1 (61/37). I'm disappointed but I'll get over it. Marriage is protected. Thank God. Or Thor. Or y*hweh. Or whatever. They're all the same to me.

The upside is that Obama won the election. There's a lot of ink being spilled about that right now, but this was my favorite:

At the start of his campaign, Obama often concluded his speeches by telling the story of his Senate campaign and how he prevailed in the southern part of Illinois despite its history of antipathy towards blacks. He cited Martin Luther King Jr., who said, "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice." On Tuesday, 221 years after the adoption of a Constitution that allowed slavery to continue, an African-American won the presidency. In Grant Park, as Barack Obama left the stage, you could see that arc bend.

No comments: