22 April 2007

2 hours of my life I can never get back; relationship insight (really); numerology

(too lazy to track down a picture - I will paint you a picture with words.)

Spent two hours of my life watching the movie Pathfinder. This is a movie that only my little brother could like. (he's famous for liking every movie, ever.) And I spent $10. The premise seemed cool: It looked cold, there were swords, and it was rated R for "Strong, brutal violence throughout." Should have been rated S for "Severe sucking throughout." It was predictable and formulaic and ridiculous. I'm ashamed I watched it. It was probably worse than Miami Vice, a movie so memorably bad that my then-girlfriend broke up with me the day after we saw it. She said the two events were unrelated, but I'm not so sure.

------------------
Was talking with my friend this weekend over lunch and he helped me realize something pithy about relationships, i.e., if you're in one, you have three options/scenarios/choices/paths or whatever:
  1. Get what you want (no need to effect any change here - your needs are being met, you're happy, and also rare).
  2. Adjust expectation so that you want what you get (this is what I understand is true about most long-term relationships).
  3. Make a change (e.g. quit).
Most people these days think you should experience #1, and if not, you go straight to #3, even if you're married. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying that it is.

--------------
numerology and astrology is complete crap. This is blog post number 224, though, so if you're into 2x2=4 type patterns then this is the post for you.

The blog has come a long way since I started. Readership is way up*, and I'm funnier than ever**.
love you.

---------------
* outright lie
** opinion stated as fact, which could be characterized as a lie, if you wanted to be mean about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

to quote you...
"your opinion is wrong"

regardless funny shit

b