21 February 2013

The People Have Spoken

The Readership (rightly) pointed out that the blog had become a bit one-dimensional.

They also pointed out that it was probably because I don't feel like writing about what's going on with me on the day to day. And it's true: I do not.

I'll broaden the scope of the source material. Here's a short anecdote about Reese the Best Dog in the World:

When it was Ambra's birthday last year we went on a lovely picnic. I got a bunch of fancy cheeses, fruity summer fruits, crackers and some premium wine coolers from the local purveyor of such things and we packed it up made our way to the picnic spot. It was a lovely sunny summer day so we played ball with Reese and she ran and ran, chasing birds around, as was her wont. As part of my special gift to Ambra I agreed to scoop all the poop that day. We were at picnic place for a couple hours and all the activity really seemed to loosen Reese up because she pooped four times. Four times! Healthy poops, too. (I would know.) That girl really knew how to liven up a party. Anyway, we ran out of bags (four poops!) and I had to wrangle the last one with some cardboard and ingenuity. And dignity. As beautiful as the day was, that poop was the opposite. The things you do for love.

No comments: