22 May 2012

It's good to have (more) goals

Got a backlog of stuff to get to. I've been busy and haven't had a chance to post, if you hadn't noticed. I'll get to some other stuff later in the week but for now here's a list of great goals from smaller soccer leagues in Europe (not Italy, Spain, or England).

I know we have some football fans in the readership. Ze Newbs is a particular fan of Chelsea Football Club, which is really too because as I reminded him on Saturday: Chelsea is a shit club with a shit owner and shit players. They did win the Champion's League, though.

The bicycle kick goals tend to be overrated but this is a lovely bit of skill.  

Here's a list of other great goals this year from the Guardian.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

brilliant. I agree a lot of cycle kicks are set up showmanship (kinda like pointing at my thigh after scoring) but this was entirely positional the ball was played high and behind him so he rotated back and struck it with the only thing he could. that was exceptional.