16 August 2011

Well that's pretty much the best thing I heard today

Long-time readers will know of my deep and abiding affection for the muppets. In order, my favorite characters are: Beaker, Dr. Honeydew, Cookie Monster, the Swedish Chef, and Kermit.

It turns out there's a Muppets tribute album coming out. You can hear it early on NPR* (natch). It is perhaps telling that the list of contributing artists reads like my typical itunes playlist:
Weezer
Alkaline Trio
Ok Go
Airborne Toxic Event
Andrew Bird
Rachel Yamagata 

Full link here:

http://www.npr.org/2011/08/14/138984517/first-listen-muppets-the-green-album?ft=1&f=98679384

If you don't want to sing along to the Weezer cover of Rainbow Connection I invite you to watch some muppets with a 6 year old. They will show you the way.
 
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me...

Thanks for reading.

* The promo sponsor for NPR during my listen was Pabst Blue Ribbon. That's what I call a hipster / muppet / nerd BULLSEYE.

No comments: