07 September 2007

big day today! also: the Del Mar racetrack = serious face

Big day today. My good friend Sam is getting married.

I'm really glad for Sam & his wife-to-be, but i get a little sad on wedding days. Usually the downer of going to a wedding solo is tempered by the chance you might french one of the bridesmaids, but I already met the wedding party and that's not happening. Oh well. I'll just have to get old-school dance party USA, show the kids how I hold it down. My moves are legit.

------------------
went to the Del Mar racetrack a couple times this season to play the ponies. Nothing says summer like a day at the races, and nothing says a day at the races like a straw hat. and aviator glasses available at your local Rite-Aid ($12!).

why am I wearing a name-tag like a 4th grader? because if you get box seats at Del Mar you get a tag that tells the track staff where you're supposed to sit. handy if you have 12 beers and all the seats look alike. they can direct you back to your section. or you can just wander around. either way, really.

No comments: