09 October 2020

I've Been Busy

Long time between posts. I had some things happen. Personal health issues, family issues, and work was busy. 

Personal health can be summarized in one line: chronic back pain is a bummer. 

Not interested in getting into all the details of family issues and work stuff in this forum. I will share that I had to travel to St. Thomas to bury my uncle two weeks ago. He died suddenly, but it should not have been unexpected. I say 'should', because I was not prepared for it. I will write more about what my uncle meant to me later, maybe. I was the only family member that went to sort out his personal effects and take care of his funeral arrangements, which should tell you something about how close we were. 

My uncle was a weather geek, a political wonk, and a sports geek. I will maybe write more about that later too. 

PSA: if you do not have a legal will that also designates an executor, please make one. Do not put it off. The last thing you would want when your friends and loved ones are grieving is to make their lives more difficult because you did not spend 30 minutes filling out some simple paperwork. Do not do that to your family or partner or friends or people that cared about you. 

No comments: