20 September 2018

Please Stop Buying Bottled Water

Plastic Trash in the Pacific is a Bummer
I am wasting my time here but what else is this thing for but to complain to people that don't care about stuff they will not change?

Please stop buying bottled water by the truckload. Seriously, it's the worst. Almost all of the United States has ready access to fresh, clean, cheap drinking water. We have so much that people use drinking water to wash their cars and water their lawns and fill their swimming pools. Bottled water is too cheap, in that the cost it does to the environment is not reflected in the purchase price. This is true of a great many things: meat, corn, soybeans, and much else. But water, which is available almost for free from your own home, is still purchased in vast quantities by people that really should know better, and they bring it TO THEIR HOUSE TO DRINK. If you cannot handle regular tap water then give some real thought to the fact that you have been shamelessly brainwashed into an absurd fallacy and then buy a brita, or buy a portable water filter that people use for camping. Stop being an asshole and buying bottled water. Please.

There's all this fuss about straws now. Straws are only a tiny fraction of the problem. How can I drink boba without a straw? Do I have to bring my own? I guess I can do, if necessary. I'm happy to, if it means you will stop it with the bottled water nonsense. Or just keep doing what you're doing. Sea levels are going to rise and the economies are going to collapse anyway. : (

No comments: