12 November 2009

Adjusting my target demographic

A girl asked me out yesterday at work. That only happens to me roughly every 5 years, so I was very flattered. Apparently she wasn't sufficiently deterred by what friend Jeff calls my "MMA/Eurotrash" haircut.

I was relating the story at lunch today and realized that part of the reason I'm flying solo these days is that although my lifestyle/hobbies are awesomely cool to teenage boys, it's not quite so awesome to successful twentysomething professional bitches.* I know, I couldn't believe it either. For example, here's a list of all the shit that is awesome when you're 16 that I do now:
  • practice jiu-jitsu
  • play xbox (mostly CoD4:MW2 lately, and if you don't know what that is then it just further illustrates my point)
  • live at my friend's house - underrated awesomeness
  • play guitar - actually most girls like this, but it still makes the list
  • get tattoos - no new ones recently but still
  • ride motorcycles
  • floss the mma/eurotrash haircut
  • read science fiction books
  • read wwtdd.com
  • watch science fiction movies
  • drink beer
Oh hell yes. If loving any of that is wrong I don't want to be right. I thought about making some adjustments but then I remembered that I love doing this stuff and not doing it would just bring me down. Fuck that noise.
Who wants to go for a ride?


*I mean girls that are professionals, not girls that specialize in being bitches, although I've dated a few of both types.

No comments: