28 August 2009

It's hot; RDF = FAIL

I get bored with weather talk but when it's as hot as it is today I can't help it.
Seriously hot. What happened to mild southern California weather?

The Reality Distortion Field is weakening. I found this article about the iphone very interesting. It goes a long way towards explaining why I think it's lame. Sure it's awesome for surfing the web and playing games but it's a crap phone: expensive, bad customer support, bad network, bad network coverage*, bad for talking, bad for texting, short battery life, can't insure it.

This is my favorite line:

This allegedly revolutionary item, this magical gadget that promised to change our lives, fails at even the most elementary tasks.

Like talking, texting, and sending a picture message. What's the point of having a camera on your phone if you can't send someone a picture message?


*AT&T makes a lot of noise about having 'more bars in more places'. The fine print always says "worldwide", which is great if you're a frequent international traveler, but most people aren't. I'm interested in the coverage in the places I actually use my phone, like my neighborhood, or other neighborhoods in the continental United States. Which is why I'm on Verizon.

No comments: